Contact Number For Tesco Breakdown0843 557 4376
When Can I Call The Tesco Breakdown Number?
Ring the Tesco Contact Number if you:
- When you require assistance out on the road
- When you need to report an incident involving your vehicle and another
- When you’d like advice on road safety, car maintenance and reducing the likelihood of a breakdown
- If you’d like to purchase a Tesco Breakdown cover policy, or cancel your existing policy.
Tesco Breakdown Numbers:
|Tesco Breakdown||Phone Number|
|Customer Services||0843 557 4376|
|Emergencies||0843 557 4376|
|Complaints||0843 557 4376|
Tesco Breakdown Opening Hours
|Customer Services||Mon-Fri 7am to 10pm, Sat 8am to 8pm, Sun 9am to 7pm, Bank holidays 9am to 5pm|
Tesco Breakdown Head Office Address
|Tesco Head Office||esco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA|
What Is Tesco Breakdown Cover?
Tesco Breakdown Cover is a service of Tesco Bank, offering customers real peace of mind when out on the road by providing ready access to quick and effective assistance at any time of night or day, in the unfortunate event of a breakdown.
Tesco Breakdown Cover is provided by RAC and can be tailor-made to suit your needs. Ordinarily, there are three packages to choose from: Tesco Value, Tesco Standard or Tesco Finest. All packages supply one and two car annual policies; roadside labour; assistance when you are more than 1/4 mile from home, and a car towing service.
Key benefits of purchasing Tesco Breakdown Cover include fixed monthly prices for each level of cover, multi-vehicle discounts, priority response if you are in a potentially dangerous situation and immediate cover that begins within 24 hours of purchase. Tesco also offers Euro Breakdown Cover, which covers your vehicle when driving across Europe.
Important Changes To Tesco Breakdown Cover
From November 1 2013, Tesco Bank will no longer be offering Tesco Breakdown Cover to new customers unless they hold a Tesco Car Insurance policy. Customers can still buy cover throughout October, but from November onwards all future contact will be from RAC and not from Tesco Bank. For more details, contact the Tesco Breakdown number.
Since RAC has now taken over the Tesco Breakdown service. Benefits of being an RAC member include:
- Onward travel- if your car breaks down en route to a destination, you can make sure you can complete your journey.
- European cover- if you regularly travel abroad in your car, you’ll be covered in case your car breaks down overseas.
- Vehicle check- if you’re purchasing a used car, you can get the RAC to check that everything is in full working order.
- Car valuation- Use the RAC website to get a free and instant valuation of your car, to see how much it is worth before you sell or part-exchange it.
Types of Tesco Car Breakdown Cover
Tesco Value Breakdown Cover
If you are stranded on a public road, highway or area due to the breakdown of your vehicle, Tesco will send an RAC Contractor to help you. The contractor will attempt to repair your vehicle at the roadside. Roadside value cover includes any repair at the place of breakdown. If repairs cannot be completed, the representative will take you, your passengers and your car to a site within 10 miles of the breakdown or a garage.
Roadside does not cover:
- Breakdowns which could have been prevented by the routine servicing of your vehicle.
- Replacing tyres or windows.
- Missing or broken keys.
- The cost of ferry crossings/road toll.
- Breakdown within 1/4 of a mile from your home.
Tesco Standard Breakdown Cover
With standard cover, you are entitled to all of the above services as well as being allowed to get roadside assistance within 1/4 a mile from your home.
At Home does not cover:
- The rectifying of failed repairs.
- The reimbursement of taxi fares.
- Service within 24 hours of commencement of the policy.
- Recovery of the vehicle.
Tesco Finest Breakdown Cover
As well as the services which are detailed above, with Finest cover you are entitled to recovery to anywhere in the UK. You can also use recovery if you are ill and unable to continue your trip.
Recovery does not cover:
- Service within 24 hours of the commencement of the policy.
Onward Travel (part of Finest Breakdown Cover)
Onward travel helps you to get to your destination or home, and must be arranged at the point of recovery. You are entitled to either replacement car hire, alternative transport or alternative accommodation to help you get to your destination. Replacement car hire will be provided for one day. You will be reimbursed for alternative transport, or alternatively you will be put in a hotel of the insurers choice for one night’s bed and breakfast.
Tesco European Breakdown Cover
Breakdown cover is also available in Europe. Some of the features include:
- Roadside assistance and recovery in the territory.
- Temporary car replacement on the way to the port.
- Roadside assistance in Europe.
- Spare parts despatch in Europe.
- Additional accommodation expenses.
- Journey continuation.
- Replacement driver.
- Collection of vehicle left abroad for repair.
- Motoring Legal Expenses insurance.
How do I purchase Tesco Breakdown Cover?
In order to access breakdown cover, you will need to purchase Tesco Car Insurance. Once quoted, you will be able to add breakdown cover for an additional premium fee.
Tesco Breakdown Cover – A Service of Tesco Bank
Tesco Breakdown Cover is supplied by RAC as part of Tesco Bank’s many products and services. Tesco Bank was originally a joint venture between the UK’s largest supermarket Tesco and the Royal Bank of Scotland, but is now wholly owned by Tesco.
Tesco Bank offers various levels of home, life, car, pet and travel insurance policies, as well as loans, credit cards, mortgages, travel money and savings advice. It also aims to reward customers who shop at Tesco offering them a Clubcard Credit Card that is interest-free for 18 months after an account is opened, and allows them to collect even more Clubcard points when they shop.
As of 2013, Tesco Bank has around 6.5 million customer accounts and active policies.
For more information about Tesco Bank’s products and services, call the Tesco Breakdown number on this page.
Number Direct is a telephone directory and call routing service and is not connected to Tesco. The direct contact number for Tesco can be found in the public domain or on their official website.