If you are planning on sending a package or letter with Royal Mail, but are unsure what postage to use or don’t know how much it will cost you, look no further. We have created a Royal Mail postage guide below to make things easier for you. Royal Mail is the national mail service in the United Kingdom that also offers international postage.
Postage Within the United Kingdom
If you will be posting an item to another address within the United Kingdom, you have a lot of choice regarding types and costs of the postage. Each postage option has it’s only estimated delivery time from same day to 5 days. The postage types that are available in the United Kingdom with Royal Mail are:
- 1st Class Mail – next working day (including Saturday)
- 2nd Class Mail – two to three working day (including Saturday)
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 – fully trackable next day delivery
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 with signature – fully trackable next day delivery that requires a signature upon delivery
- Royal Mail Tracked 48 – fully trackable 2-day delivery
- Royal Mail Tracked 48 with signature – fully trackable 2-day delivery that requires a signature upon delivery
- Signed 1st Class – next working day (including Saturday) that requires a signature upon delivery
- Signed 2nd Class – two to three working days (including Saturday) that requires a signature upon delivery
- Royal Mail Same day – same-day delivery, available 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed – you can select a date and time of delivery, most secure delivery, requires a signature upon delivery, fully trackable
- Parcelforce Worldwide – can use to deliver items to Ireland as well as other worldwide destinations, service is provided from a separate website
Each postage type has a different cost possibility, ranging from £2 to over £20 depending on weight and size of the parcel. You can call the number below to inquire about how much your parcel may cost to send, you will need the size of the parcel, the weight of the parcel as well as what delivery service you would like to send the parcel with.
You can also send items to worldwide locations with Royal Mail. They offer a few options for you to choose from, some include tracking and the delivery time varies from the delivery option you pick as well as the destination you’re sending the item. The cost of worldwide postage starts at just over £4 and can reach quite large amounts depending on what you are sending. The postage options for worldwide delivery with Royal Mail are:
- Parcelforce worldwide
- International tracked and signed – completely trackable online and requires a signature upon delivery
- International tracked – this option is completely trackable online as well as the possibility to receive text messages and emails with updates on the delivery process
- Internation signed – requires a signature upon delivery of the item, can receive basic tracking information
- International standard – second cheapest worldwide shipping option, no tracking options available
- International economy – cheapest worldwide shipping option, no tracking available
You can inquire about how much your item will cost to post by calling the number below and providing the team member with the weight and size of the parcel as well as the destination you wish to send it to and the postage option you wish to send it with.
Contact Royal Mail Regarding Postage
You can get in touch with the postage customer service department if you would like to inquire about how much postage would be for your item, you would like to organise a pick up for your parcel, you would like to know where your local post office is, you have some issues sending a parcel, you would like to find out more regarding posting a parcel with Royal Mail or you would like to get in touch with the Royal Mail postage helpline directly regarding another issue or inquiry you would like to discuss.