RAC Breakdown Phone Number0843 557 3812
Call The RAC Contact Number In A Breakdown
RAC breakdown cover serves people who get into trouble during their motor journeys. Calling the RAC Breakdown number will not only bring help to the members of RAC breakdown cover, but also to those drivers who have not joined it yet. RAC claims to have more patrols per each cover member than any other rescue organization in the United Kingdom.
Depending upon the package you have purchased, RAC breakdown service will assist you in the following cases:
- Broken down on the roadside
- Home start issue
- you need a replacement vehicle
What Does The RAC Do?
The RAC breakdown number can be called for assistance on the roads of the UK 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 0843 557 3812. The company offers a wide selection of packages for various needs and types of the customers. It is also possible to create a custom breakdown cover. According to the company statistics, RAC roadside technicians fix 4 of 5 vehicles at the roadside. The company employs its own technicians.
RAC Breakdown Services You Can Purchase By Calling
Personal cover- Covers you as a driver or passenger in any vehicle.
Vehicle cover- Cover for your named vehicle regardless of who is driving.
- Roadside rescue: 24/7 breakdown cover as long as you are over 1/4 a mile away from home. Also includes a 10 mile tow to a destination of your choice. Included as standard in breakdown cover.
- Recovery: RAC will take you and up to 7 passengers and your car to a destination of your choice.
- At home rescue: RAC will attend even when your car breaks down at home- you can book a time that suits you.
- Garage parts and labour: Covers the cost of certain parts and labour needed to repair your car.
- European rescue: Cover in 48 countries in the event of a mechanical breakdown.
- Courtesy car for 3 days if yours cannot be fixed following a breakdown.
- Onward travel: Choose from a courtesy car, hotel accommodation or alternative transport following a breakdown.
- Add key replacement if your key is lost or stolen.
Other types of breakdown cover:
- Horsebox breakdown cover- Get breakdown cover to provide care and transport for your animals. Includes veterinary assistance and stable accommodation.
- Blue Badge Holder breakdown cover- The mechanic will know you are a blue badge holder before they even get to you.
- Caravan/Motorhome breakdown cover- Bespoke cover whether you are touring or towing, RAC will come to any UK campsite to help.
- Business breakdown cover- Peace of mind for business owners to help keep your fleet moving.
RAC searches a panel of insurers to find you the best deal on your car insurance. In 2013, RAC was named the best online motor insurance provider at the Your Money awards. Here are some of the benefits of being with RAC breakdown cover UK:
- Courtesy car as standard.
- Free motor legal protection cover for the first 12 months of your policy.
- Approved claims repairs guaranteed for the first three years.
RAC home insurance comes with a range of benefits which aim to protect your home against the unexpected, such as:
- Flexible payment options- Either pay in one go or monthly.
- Cover tailored to suit you.
- Call centres based in the UK.
- Search a panel of insurers to find the best price.
RAC can help ensure your pet is well looked after if it is needed. The pet insurance policy includes:
- Up to £8000 vet fees cover for accident and illness.
- Pay monthly for no extra charge.
- Pets can be insured from the age of 8 weeks old.
- Up to £1 million liability insurance for your dog.
- Help with advertising costs if your pet goes missing.
- RAC can pay your vet direct.
All RAC travel insurance policies include:
- Medical expenses.
- Cancellation cover.
- £1 million or more personal liability cover.
- Loss of money/passport.
Temporary Car Insurance
Get pay by day insurance for between 1 and 28 days. Comprehensive cover is available immediately and it is available for both cars and vans.
Personal Accident Insurance
You don’t expect to be injured whilst travelling, but it can happen- this is what personal accident cover is for:
- Driving/being a passenger in a car or small van.
- Bus/taxi/train/ship/ferry/plane passenger.
- Pedestrian or cyclist hit by a vehicle.
- You can include your partner/children on your policy.
- Lump sum, tax free payments under current legislation.
- Specific cover for what you need.
RAC: About The Company
The RAC was founded in 1897 with uniformed patrols introduced by the company at the beginning of the 20th century. Today RAC is one of the leading UK motoring organizations with more than 7 million members, who are private consumers and corporate clients. RAC offers to its members a range of motor products and services, from roadside assistance in the event of technical problems with the vehicle to legal and travel advice. RAC has its headquarters in Birmingham and more than 4000 staff members are working in the company.
Alternative ways to contact the RAC
You can contact the RAC by post at:
8 Surrey Street
Number Direct is a telephone directory and call routing service and is not connected to RAC. The direct contact number for RAC can be found in the public domain or on their official website.