First Bus Telephone Contact Number0843 658 6908
When exploring new places, the First bus contact number is your number one tool for getting around.
First Bus Numbers:
|First Bus||Phone Number|
|First Bus Head Office||0843 658 6908|
|Service Enquiries||0843 658 6908|
|Complaints||0843 658 6908|
Why would I need to call the First Bus telephone number?
- Get details of services near you.
- Report a late service.
- Make a complaint.
First Bus products and services
First Bus is part of First Group, an operator of bus, rail, coach and tram services in the UK. First operates regional bus routes in the likes of Aberdeen, Essex, Glasgow, Manchester, Staffordshire, South Yorkshire and South & West Wales. An average single fare on a First bus can cost between £1 and £3.60, however if you are a student, you can travel for 80p for a single fare, or £7 for a weekly pass (compared to £11). First buses also operate an airport shuttle service to and from major UK airports including Heathrow, Glasgow and Dublin. You can also hire a First bus for trips and events for a cost. You can purchase First season tickets online or over the phone.
First Bus Services
First Bus aims to make it easy for you to travel with them.
- Assistance dogs- All recognised assistance animals travel for free on First buses.
- Buggies and pushchairs- Special ‘buggy zone’ on board.
- Wheelchair user- Wheelchair users have priority, so if a buggy or passenger is in the designated wheelchair space, the driver will ask them to accommodate the wheelchair user by folding the buggy or moving.
- Folding bicycles- Folding bicycles are welcome on board, but they must be stowed safely.
- Low floor access- Lots of First buses are now low floor access, making it easier for buggies/wheelchair users to board.
- Mobility scooter- There has been debate about the use of mobility scooters on board buses, but First Bus has a Code where you can see their rules.
- First Safe Journey Card- Use this discreet card to inform the driver of your special requirements.
Bus Users UK
Bus Users UK is a group which represents bus passengers. They help to communicate between bus passengers and the people who provide the bus service. Around the country, they organise Bus Users’ Surgeries, setting up local groups of bus users and campaigning for change on their behalf. You can join the group as an individual member.
Extra Mile Awards
If you travel with First Bus and a member of staff goes out of their way to help you, the Extra Mile Awards is there to commend staff for great service. The awards are new for 2016 and anyone who is nominated will receive a local recognition and could potentially win a national prize. You can fill in a form online saying why the person deserves an award in 200 words or less.
You can purchase bus tickets on your phone by using the following steps:
- Download the app onto your phone.
- Choose which area you are travelling to.
- Choose the mTicket which suits you.
- Set up an account and pay by credit/debit card.
- Activate your ticket before you get on the bus.
- Show the driver the ticket on your phone.
First Greater Manchester
First Greater Manchester buses serves all of Greater Manchester. There are hubs in Manchester, Bury, Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham and Salford, with a total of six depots.
Ticket types available in Greater Manchester:
- mTickets- mobile tickets
- 16-18 Young Person’s First Week
- IGO pass- For ages 11-16 to pay a concessionary fare.
- SystemOne tickets- Unlimited travel on bus, tram and trains in Manchester.
- Plusbus- A bus ticket you buy with your train ticket.
- SuperSaver first week- Travel between Little Hulton and Manchester.
- Quids In- Single fares on certain services.
First South Yorkshire
First South Yorkshire is the largest bus operator in the area. It serves: Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, North East Derbyshire, Peak District, East Riding of Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire, with a total of three depots.
Here are some of the First South Yorkshire tickets available, which differ from the ones on sale in Greater Manchester:
- FirstXtra- Travel for just £1 extra to an area outside of your pass that you have already purchased.
- TravelMaster- South Yorkshire’s multi operator ticket.
- Young people- Specific fares for children aged 5-11.
- Student travel- £1 fares when you show your student card.
First West Yorkshire
First West Yorkshire serves Bradford, Halifax, Huddersfield and Leeds, as well as other areas of West Yorkshire. There are five depots across the area.
First South West
First South West operates in the counties of Cornwall and Somerset. There are 82 routes, across a network of six depots.
First Cymru operates in South Wales. The headquarters are in Swansea and there is a total of six depots.
Unibus travel around Swansea
Swansea University has a sustainable travel plan, which aims to discourage students from using their car. As a result, local bus services in Swansea are designed to meet the needs of students. They travel from early morning to late at night, between both campuses and student accommodation. The popular number 8 bus service runs until 2.30 in the morning to the student village, so there’s no need to fork out for an expensive taxi.
First Glasgow serves all of Greater Glasgow in Scotland. There is 118 routes, with hubs in Glasgow, Blantyre, Parkhead, Cumbernauld, Overtown, Scotstoun and Dumbarton.
Discounted fares for Glasgow job seekers
First buses are working in partnership with the Jobcentre Plus to help them save 55% off the cost of a single journey. You must have a Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card to be eligible to receive a discount on fares. There are no peak restrictions, but you won’t be able to use it on a night bus service.
About First Bus
First Bus is a part of First Group, a transport company. First Group originated from the deregulation of bus services in the UK. In 1995, First Bus was formed from a merger between Badgerline and GRT Bus Groups. The headquarters were placed in Aberdeen. Today, First Bus is Britain’s largest bus operator, running around 20% of services. A fleet of almost 9000 buses carry almost three million passengers.
For more about First Bus services, call the contact number on this page.
Number Direct is a telephone directory and call routing service and is not connected to First Bus. The direct contact number for First Bus can be found in the public domain or on their official website.