Direct Line Motor Insurance Contact Phone Number0843 557 3568
Direct Line Other Contact Numbers:
|Direct Line||Phone Number|
|Head Office||0843 557 3568|
|Claims||0843 557 3568|
|Renewals||0843 557 3568|
Direct Line Opening Hours
|Enquiries and claims||Opening Hours|
|Monday-Friday||8am — 9pm|
|Saturday||9am — 5pm|
|Sunday||10am — 5pm|
Direct Line Head Office Address
|Head Office||Direct Line Group
Use the Direct Line Car Insurance Number to:
- Get a quote on the policy that’s best for you.
- Renew or cancel your policy.
- Give details of a change in circumstance e.g. address.
About Direct Line Car Insurance
Direct Line is a company that specialises in selling insurance, and other financial services. The insurance is sold over the phone and online, with the company being the first to sell over the phone. To get a quote over the phone, call the Direct Line Car Insurance Contact.
The company currently has over 5 million customers and has branched out from the days of selling solely car insurance. It now sells home, travel and pet insurance as well as breakdown cover and business insurance.
The Direct Line headquarters are in Croydon, however, the company also has offices in Glasgow, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester. The company has also broken into the overseas market, with divisions in Japan, Spain, Italy and Germany.
Direct Line is well known in the UK for its distinctive logo, a red telephone. For more on Direct Line, call the Direct Line car insurance phone number.
Origins of Direct Line
Direct Line began in 1985 in a modest way, with just 63 employees. There are now over 10,000.
Direct Line was the first company to use the telephone as their sole method of communication, and the company began with just one call centre in Croydon.
The business went global in the 1990’s after it proved so popular that in the first three months of operation, they gave over 9000 car insurance quotes over the phone.
For more about Direct line, go to the website or call the Direct Line Car Insurance phone number.
Car Insurance From Direct Line
Car Insurance from Direct Line comes with many perks, including:
- Vandalism cover as standard with Comprehensive Cover. This means if your car is vandalised, you won’t lose your No Claims Discount
- Repairs guaranteed for 5 years when you use an approved repairer
- 25% of consumers could find themselves with a saving of up to £224
- UK emergency helpline, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
You can also choose between having a replacement car like your own, a cash settlement or to pay the extra to get an upgrade if your car is written off after an accident, vandalism, fire or flood.
Direct Line offers Comprehensive, DrivePlus, Breakdown Cover, MultiCar Discount, Third Party Fire & Theft and Third Party Only cover.
Covers you for your car being stolen, damaged by fire or accidental damage. You are also covered for any claims that are made by others for bodily injuries or damage to their property
DrivePlus is telematics insurance and offers a 25% discount for those under the age of 21.
Breakdown cover is offered in conjunction with Green Flag and the average time of being reached at the roadside is 46 minutes.
By insuring more cars with Direct Line, you could save even more money.
Third Party, Fire & Theft
This provides cover for if other people make a claim against you for injury or damage to their car/property. You car is also covered if it is stolen or damaged by a fire
Third Party Only
This gives cover for liable third parties, such as claims made by third parties against you for injury to their body or damage to their property.
Does Direct Line Offer Other Types Of Insurance?
Direct Line offers home insurance with a number of different levels of cover:
- Home Insurance offers a standard policy, with contents cover worth up to £50,000 and £1,000,000 worth of buildings cover
- Home Insurance Plus provides Home Emergency, Personal Possessions, Accidental Damage, Family Legal Protection and Travel Insurance cover as standard
- SELECT Premier Insurance is for properties with high value, as it gives unlimited building insurance along with £100,000 worth of contents insurance
If you are looking from Travel Insurance from Direct Line, you can choose from a selection that best suits your needs:
- Annual Multi-Trip Cover- Gives cover for the entire year and best suited to those who travel regularly. Covers trips that last up to 42 days
- Single Trip Cover- One off cover for a single trip that lasts up to 90 days
- Discoverer Trip Cover- Suited to back packers, those going on a gap year and round the world trips that last from 3 to 18 months
- Medical Emergency Cover- £10 million worth of cover for medical expenses if you are admitted into hospital overseas
- The Airline-Goes-Bust Cover- Gives you peace of mind if anything goes wrong with your airline or hotel
- Children’s Cover- Can be used for family holidays as well as school or college trips
Pet insurance from Direct Line comes in various levels of cover:
- Essential Cover- Gives up to £4,000 worth of cover for vet fess per conditions, for up to 12 months from the first day of treatment
- Advanced Cover- Provides more cover with no time limits and up to £6,000 worth of vet fees per condition
- Third Party Liability Cover- Offers up to £2,000,000 worth of legal liability cover if your dog is responsible for causing injury or damage
- Multi Pet Discount- Get a 15% discount if you insured more than one pet on the same policy
- Overseas Travel Cover- Gives cover for quarantine to losing your pets passport
Breakdown cover from Direct Line is offered in a number of levels so you can find the best type for your lifestyle:
- Multi-level Cover
- Recovery Plus Cover
- Personal Cover (2 for 1 offer)
- Family Cover
Direct Line offers Business Van insurance for those who use their van to run their business and there is also the option to take up cover for private van drivers.
Direct Life offers both Life Insurance and Over 50s Life Cover. These are both suited to cover you should the worst ever happen and provide your family with a level of financial protection during this difficult period.
Direct Line Landlord Insurance can be applied to one property or two or more. There are already 200,000 landlords who have taken up this cover and it just keeps on growing.
Number Direct is a telephone directory and call routing service and is not connected to Direct Line. The direct contact number for Direct Line can be found in the public domain or on their official website.