Companies House Telephone Contact Number

0844 453 0195

Companies House is the official branch of UK government that works with companies and businesses in the UK. It is an executive arm of government, and falls under the power of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, working to register and incorporate any and all kinds of UK company. The details of the companies incorporated by Companies House are publically available and free to research – with only some specific, unregistered companies exempt from this public recording. Every other company, including small businesses, subsidiaries, and even inactive companies, must register with Companies House.

Reasons To Call the Companies House Phone Numbercompanies house telephone number

You may wish to call the Companies House telephone number for the following matters:

  • Registering a new company or business
  • Confirming the liquidation or dissolution of a previous company
  • Requesting information about a specific company, brand or business collaborator
  • Finding out pricing details for all of Companies Houses’ registration options

A Few More Useful Companies House Contact Numbers:

Companies House Phone Number
Companies House Head Office 0844 453 0195
Companies House Corporate Advice Line 0844 453 0195
Companies House Complaints 0844 453 0195

Companies House Head Office Opening Hours:

Day Opening Hours
Monday to Friday 09.30am – 6.30pm
Saturday and Sunday Closed

Companies House UK Head Office Address:

Head Office Address
Companies House Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ
DX 33050

Companies House Contact Services

Companies House are responsible for monitoring the establishment and activities of all legally registered companies in the UK. Its main functions include formally closing down or dissolving a company; storing company information and supplying it to anybody who may request it (including other businesses, and the public) and registering newly founded companies.

They also ensure that all companies are operating within legal boundaries and to industry standards. Anybody can use the Companies House telephone number to retrieve information about their own company, a competing company, or receive resources and guidance about starting a company.

Who Are Companies House?

The UK has had a system of registration for companies since 1844. Today, company matters are recognised legally under the Companies Act 2006. Companies House covers the whole of England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

There are around three million companies currently registered with Companies House, and a new 400,000 companies are introduced each year. Company types range from Public Limited and Private Limited to Limited Partnerships and Community of Interest companies.

What Does Companies House Do?

Finding Company Information

You can search for information about a company by either their Company Name or Number.

You can also set your search to include current/ recently dissolved names, dissolved names, previous names and proposed names. You can set your results to be ordered alphabetically, by an enhanced index or by company name availability.

When you search, you will be given information such as the Company Number, the status of the company, the name of the company and any actions or events, such as “in Liquidation” or “Dissolved”.

If you have any problems with this service, you can ring the Companies House Contact Number.

Starting A Company With Companies House

To start up your own company, you will need to have:

  • A company name and address
  • Officer details, such as Director and Secretary
  • Details of the Share Capital and Shareholders
  • Payment information

To start up a company, there are 3 options:

Companies House Web Incorporation Service

This is the option usually taken by private companies who are limited by shares with model articles. By using this service, you can also register for Corporation Tax.

Using A Formation Agent

A formation agent can be used to incorporate any type of company and they are able to provide specialist advice.

On Paper Forms Sent Directly To Companies House

You can file paper incorporations with Companies House too.

How To File Your Annual Return & Company Accounts

To file your annual return and company accounts, you will need to register for WebFiling.

To go ahead and register, you must first register for a password and authentication code. these will be linked to your email address and registered office address respectively.

WebFiling with Companies House

By signing up for WebFiling, you will be given access to eReminders, which are a free, convenient and effective way of keep up with when your company accounts and annual returns need to be filed . You will also get access to PROOF which is free protection for your company/LLP from hijacks by preventing attempts to change your registered office address or directors without your knowledge.

The advantages of using WebFiling, as well as those extras that are outlined above, include that filing online is a huge time saver as you can file directly from your PC.

There is also a reduction in the chance of rejections, as there are built in checks and pre-populated data to go through your submissions.

When you have uploaded a document to be filed, you will receive an automatic email to acknowledge it, so you can rest assured that you be able to keep up with your uploads.

You can file your Annual Return online, saving on the costs of paper too. As well as this, you can file changes such as your registered office address, officer, member information as well as company accounts and change of name by resolution.

If you have any problems registering for WebFiling or using the facilities it offers, you can ring the Companies House Telephone Number and someone will be able to help you.

How To Change Your Company Details

To change your company details, such as your registered office or directors/secretary, you can go through the WebFiling online access. Details of how to register can be found above.

However, if you have no registered for WebFiling, you can also download a form for the change you want to make. The details of which form you need to download can be found below:

  • AD01
    • Change of registered address
  • AP01
    • Appointment of Director
  • AP02
    • Appointment of Corporate Director
  • AP03
    • Appointment of Secretary
  • AP04
    • Appointment of Corporate Secretary
  • CH01
    • Change of Director’s details
  • CH02
    • Change of Corporate Director’s details
  • CH03
    • Change of Secretary’s details
  • CH04
    • Change of Corporate Secretary’s details
  • TM01
    • Termination of appointment of Director
  • TM02
    • Termination of appointment of Secretary

When you have completed the suitable paper form, you will need to send it to Companies House, Crown Way, Cardiff, CS14 3UZ.

If you are unsure about which form you need to download, you can ring the Companies House contact number and there will be someone to clarify it for you.

How To Close A Company

A limited company is able to be closed or dissolved under Section 1003 of the Companies Act 2006, given that the company meets all of these requirements:

  • Has not traded in the last 3 months
  • Not changed the name of the company in the last 3 months
  • It isn’t subject to any sort of legal proceeding, current or proposed
  • It hasn’t made a disposal for value of property or rights

When it meets all of this criteria, an application for Striking Off (DS01) can go ahead.

To complete the DS01 Form – Striking Off Application, it must be:

  • Signed by the majority of the directors of the company
  • Submitted to the relevant address with a £10 fee:
    • For English and Welsh Companies
      • Companies House, Crown Way, Cardiff, CF14 3UZ
    • For Scottish Companies
      • Companies House, 4th Floor, Edinburgh Quay 2, 139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, EH3 9FF
    • For Northern Ireland Companies
      • Companies House, 2nd Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street, Belfast, BT2 8BG
  • A copy of the DS01 Form must be sent to interested parties within a week of the application
    • Such as HM Revenue & Customs, creditors, employees, members so on



Number Direct is a telephone directory and call routing service and is not connected to Companies House. The direct contact number for Companies House can be found in the public domain or on their official website.